From a high-level perspective
It is a web application based on Laravel 5.7 (currently upgrading it to L8), VueJS, and MySQL
It is used by property valuer professionals. The SaaS is implemented with team (offices/companies) based support, so a company can have many users.
The main features include
- Import of property sales transactions (as released by the official department of Land)
- Property Valuation Management
- Export selected sales transactions/valuations in various formats (excel, word, KML)
- Enrichment of sales transaction/valuation data from third-party API sources
- Map representation of sales/valuations with property parcel boundaries
- Ability to search and filter through the transactions
- User Roles to enforce specific permissions based on role
Things I would like to improve after the L8 upgrade is completed and pushed to production
- Refactor some areas of the code, as this was my first ever official Laravel attempt (5 years ago), and based on the experience I have now, I want to change a few things
- Redesign the whole interface, as I used adminlte theme, which was ok back then, but now I want to make it look better. Maybe get into tailwindcss (i am sooo bad in design)
- Tweak DB queries performance. Really get into query refactoring and make sure indexing is correctly set up on the DB level. The challenge is that search is allowed on practically every field and all the related tables.
- A bunch of other enhancements I have noted down throughout the lifecycle of the project :)